Even the best-planned trips can be impacted by an unexpected event or unplanned interruption, illness, road closures, traffic accident, medical emergency, adverse weather, natural disaster, or more. Trip protection allows you to recoup the investment you made in your trip if you meet the terms and conditions outlined in the plan.
Say it’s the day before your big RV trip and your daughter comes down with a nasty case of stomach flu. You had booked a non-refundable trip, and now you’re out hundreds – or even thousands – of dollars. Or are you?
With trip protection, you could be reimbursed 100% of your prepaid RV rental booking cost in the event you have to cancel due to a covered event, rather than $0 as you would if you selected a vehicle with a strict cancellation policy.
Some trip protection coverages include: Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, and Emergency Assistance and Transportation.
Trip Cancellation / Interruption
Some covered events that apply to Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption (please note that terms and conditions apply):
- Traffic accident en route to pick up your RV
- Onset of pre-existing medical conditions while on your trip (if certain requirements are met at the time of purchase)
- Sickness, accidental injury, or loss of life of you or a travel companion while on your trip
- Mandatory evacuations, road closures, or inability to access destination due to adverse weather
24/7 Emergency Assistance and Transportation
Much like stumbling upon a bear in the wild, you never know when a medical emergency will present itself. Covered expenses include:
- Emergency transportation to the nearest suitable medical facility
- Help to return home, if medically necessary
- Expenses for one person of your choice to visit you if you are traveling alone and hospitalized for more than 7 days
- Injury that first occurs during your trip
Free 10-day review period for a full refund
Trip protection from International Medical Group (IMG) can help provide coverage for you and your travel party in the event of an unforeseen covered circumstance adversely impacting your travel arrangements. Your trip protection plan also comes with:
- Take 10 days to review your plan and decide if it’s right for you
- If you wish to cancel your plan within 10 days of purchase and have not yet left on your trip or filed a claim, you can do so and receive a full refund of your plan cost
Anticipating the unexpected and covering it with trip protection can help protect you and your traveling companions from surprise expenses. Have more questions? Read more about trip protection here.